Pages


"How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news..." Romans 10:15

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Jesus...change my heart

"It is the cry of my heart to follow, it is the cry of my to heart to be close to you, it is the cry of my heart to follow all of the days of my life" Terry Butler
This has been one of my favorite songs for a decade now...and I was once again reminded of it as I sat down at the piano to play and worship. It has been way to long since I have been able to pound out my praise to Jesus. My heart starting singing this song...my desire to follow Jesus all the days of my life. I didn't have the music, but my fingers remembered most of the song. : )
I was reminded that this is the cry of my heart...to want to follow Jesus...but practically, moment by moment this is not always the song on my lips. I regularly have duelling emotions going on in my heart and I can't change those emotions by trying harder.
I can't change my heart...I can't alter my affections...only Jesus can.

"How does change of the heart occur? We increasingly have interactive, face-to-face encounters with God: moments of clarity ..., and moments of comfort and encouragement. In these moments we connect with God and learn to live a lifetime of such moments." Jan Johnson I was encouraged by this quote to seek to have some face-to-face time with Jesus last night. It wasn't profound...but it was real. The result of my time with Jesus won't change the world, but it did change me. I was comforted by the God of the Universe. Pretty amazing that He would want to spend time with me. Spend a little time with Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment