Pages


"How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news..." Romans 10:15

Thursday, August 11, 2011

A few more glimpses of Cambodia...
A rainy Tuk Tuk ride

my neighbor ; )

This past weekend a Cadence group from Okinawa, Japan ministered at one of our Military Camps.   They allowed me to join them.  I will share more about that time soon.  Suffice it to say it was great to be with the women!!!

This trip allowed me to experience some firsts...My first time out of the city since moving here.  I was able to take some breaths of fresh air.  My ears were able to rest from the constant barrage of noise.  One night all I heard were crickets! : )

On the drive up, our driver decided that we needed to experience the road side corn on the cob stand.  So a sweet little lady sold us 10 ears for $1...all cooked in their husks and ready to eat.  It was a tasty treat.r

I also experienced my first Cambodian bus ride.  Which was all in all a pleasant experience.  Had the young man in front of us turned down his cell phone ringer, it might have been more peaceful, but if I had slept I would have missed some of the scenery. ( A few window shots are below).

It was great to get out of the city...great to be doing some ministry with the military and great to have a team in town. : )


a visit to the country...love these guys!

The bus ride home...planting rice

rice fields and palm trees...beautiful!







1 comment:

  1. Looks like a beautiful country, Deedra! I love seeing your pics and hearing about how things are going. Praying for you and miss you (and your dry sense of humor!!!!) :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete