Pages


"How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news..." Romans 10:15

Saturday, May 8, 2010

I am in Awe!

Sometimes the Lord amazes me more than other times. I don't think that is because He changes but because my focus does. When I take time to focus on Him and Him alone...I stand in Awe! Today what amazed me was pretty simple, mundane some might say. : ) It was the smell of lilacs. It wasn't so much the smell...although I do love it...it was that when the smell wafted towards me, I was reminded that the Lord loves me! Lilacs were one of my mom's favorite flowers, and every time I smell them I am reminded of her and I smile on the inside and I hurt a little too. I am reminded of the kind of love that you don't want to take for granted. I am reminded to celebrate the little things and the big things. I am reminded that our time on earth is short...to make the most of our time and relationships. What made me stand in awe today...was that I had the sweet smell of lilacs and the sweeter reminder of my mom...right before Mother's Day! Thank you Jesus for putting those lilacs in my path today!

No comments:

Post a Comment